Friday, December 29, 2006

* Sugar Feeds Cancer - Letter to doctors

Written 03/11/2006

Dear Dr.[ ],
I’m the daughter of [Mom] who you have treated for lung cancer since February of 2005. I’m writing you because I believe you are a truly compassionate person who cares deeply for your patients.
After treating my mom with both chemotherapy and radiation simultaneously, we found that not only had the tumor not shrunk but it had actually grown somewhat. After monitoring my mom’s condition for six months it was determined that there was no other treatment that could benefit her. In late December of 2005 she was told that her life expectancy was measured in months and it was suggested that she go on Hospice.
My mom decided that she was not going to just roll over and wait to die. She chose to go to a Mexican holistic clinic to receive alternative treatments. The treatments have been extremely beneficial and I would be glad to share the details with you if you’re interested.
While discussing the different treatments and how they affect cancer cells, we learned that cancer cells thrive on sugar, so much so because cancer cells have from 10 to 100 times the number of insulin receptors of normal cells. This information raised a great concern in me since the radiation department provided my mom with cases of Resource to help boost her energy and gain weight. My understanding is that Resource is packed with sugar. It seems totally counter productive to try to kill cancer with chemotherapy and radiation and then feed it with mega doses of sugar. I also remember the radiation department provided cookies in the waiting area for the patients.
I don’t believe that you are one to knowingly counteract your own treatment and hinder the expected results. I’m asking you to please research this further and counsel your patients to stop eating sugar in any form.
There is one particular treatment that my mom received in Mexico that I would like to share. It is called IPT (Insulin Potentiation Therapy) or Potentiated Microdose Chemotherapy. This therapy is approved by the U.S. National Institute of Health but is practiced by very few. Basically how it works is that insulin is used to bring the blood glucose to below 50mg/dl. Minute amounts of chemotherapy are introduced in conjunction with the glucose necessary to bring blood glucose levels back to normal. This creates a concentration of the chemotherapy agent in the cancer cells because of the extra amounts of insulin receptor sites on the cancer cells. This results in an exceptional uptake of the chemotherapy by cancer cells. This therapy makes perfect sense to me and appears to have greatly benefited my mom where traditional chemotherapy has failed.
I ask that you share this information with your oncology associates. It is my greatest hope that doctors like you who truly want to cure their patients will research this further and implement it as part of their treatment protocol.
With the opening of [ ] Hospital’s new cancer center, let’s make it truly cutting edge by getting some of these new technologies implemented.
Thank you very much for your time.

No comments: